Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.worldofinvestors.com.
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
You do not have to give us any personal information to browse the Services. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to submit or request information from us, or to use the Services. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us. This information may include:
· Registration Information. When you sign up for the Services, you are required to provide information such as your name, email address, password and location(s) of interest.
· Profile Information. You may choose to provide us with profile information, such as your picture, personal bio, interests, posts and other comments, phone number, physical address, alternate email address, and links to other websites. By default, this information will be made public to users of the Services. Please see VI.C for information about how to manage the information you share through the Services.
· Additional Information. Additional information that you provide to us, including when you complete certain forms through the Services, upload or submit any material through the Services, request information or contact us with inquiries, or when you use other certain aspects of our Services, may be collected and stored. For example, you may be asked to provide a credit card number to subscribe to Services. You may also be asked to provide financial information or bank account numbers, your date of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number to verify your identity and “User Level” as described below.
We use location information from location-enabled devices (including through GPS, cellular, and Wi-Fi networks) and from third parties to determine your location and as a means to provide you with the most relevant data and search information for the Services. We collect location information from your mobile device even when you are not actively using the App (such as when the App is running in the background or if you exit the App without using “force quit”). You can disable location services through your mobile device’s settings or the App’s settings by turning off the location information. But quitting and reopening the App may automatically reset the settings to allow the transmission of location information, even if you do not manually adjust the settings.
Automated Information Collection
We may collect certain information about your use of the Services through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Services, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Services, the pages you looked at on the Services, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Services, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Services, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
· Log Information. When you access the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol (“IP”) address (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), browser type, browser language, your computer operating system, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system, the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
· Links. The Services may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
· URLs. When you visit or access the Services we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Services. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Services.
· Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Services and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Services administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Services, to compile aggregate statistics about Services usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Services. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
· Aggregate Information. We may compile certain personal information and other information collected through the Services on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited the Services and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
· Identify you when you sign on to your account
· Create a profile for you
· Administer your account and otherwise provide services to you
· Respond to your questions and feedback
· Contact you
· Present projects and opportunities to you
· Audit, maintain, protect, and improve our Services
· Ensure that our Site functions as intended
· Tailor advertisements to you
· Develop new products and services
· Compile information on an aggregate basis
We may use your personal information for other purposes that you authorize.
Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information except:
· Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
· Required by Law. We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
· Information You Post Publicly. Any information you post, upload, or otherwise provide to a public message board, chat area, or other public area of the Services will be made public to users of the Services, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps).
· Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
· Third Party Service Providers. We work with third party service providers in connection with our offerings. Such services may include website hosting, marketing, website usage analytics, advertising, and monitoring and maintaining the Services. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
· Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to gather statistics on portions of the Site. We may use the information gathered to improve web services. According to Google, Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of important data about how users use the Site. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis. This means that the cookies are linked to the Site’s website domain(s), and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior through the Site. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains. If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your browser. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google’s web site.
· Certain Transactions. We may disclose personal information to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Company’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
· Adroll. As you browse the Services, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites. Adroll indicates that its techniques do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. To opt out of Adroll, visit:
· Mailing Lists. We may sell the names and email addresses of our users to certain third parties, such as Crowdfunding portals, who provide products or services in which our users may be interested.
· When You Ask to be Contacted by Lenders. If you ask us to put you in touch with lenders, we may provide your personal information to one or more lenders and also to other service providers, such as title companies or insurance agencies.
Aggregated, Non-Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information by Third Parties
We may allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use the Services.
Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Services. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of the Services, which will limit your access to the Services.
Managing Your Privacy
Your profile information will be visible to other users of the Services based on your “User Level.” Your User Level is displayed under the applicable user’s profile picture whenever posts by that user are visible to you.
By default, the information you submit will be available to all of your connections on the Services.
Our Services include 4 User Levels. A User can see profile information and interact with only those Users that are at the same level or below. For example, a Level 1 User can see profile information and interact only with other Level 1 Users. A Level 4 User can see profile information and interact with Users in Levels 1 through 4.
User Levels are determined by the following:
· Level 1 User: Anyone who signs up for the Services.
· Level 2 User: Purchasers of Products or Services through the Site.
· Level 3 User: A third party service has confirmed, based on information provided by the User, that the User has a minimum net worth of $1 Million Dollars.
· Level 4 User: A third party service has confirmed, based on information provided by the User, that the User has a minimum net worth of $10 Million Dollars.
User levels are determined based on information submitted by users. We do not guarantee the financial status or net worth of any User.
You may change your account settings to limit what information can be viewed by other users of the Services by changing your User Level. To change your User Level, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating Your Information
We encourage users to keep their personal information current. You may access, edit or delete information you have provided by updating your account, or you may contact us at: email@example.com
Communications from Us
We will send you email notifications from time to time. For example, we may send you emails:
· To confirm your registration
· To provide you with legal notices
· To notify you of new investment opportunities
· When the online profile you created is changed
· To ask you to participate in surveys, or otherwise provide feedback
· To ask you for information
If you no longer wish to receive notices from us, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may still contact you for essential purposes.
Deleting your Account and Mobile Applications
You may delete your account by contacting us at: email@example.com If you delete your account, copies of your profile information may be viewable in cached or archived pages, or if other users stored a copy of your profile.
You may uninstall our mobile applications at any time from your mobile device.
Information Storage and Security
We employ industry standard security precautions to protect personal information about you. The Services are operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Services. These security measures include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology data transmission. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Services. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
A Special Note about Children
Children are not eligible to use the Services, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 13) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the Services only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
The Services are hosted in the United States. All matters relating to the Services are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer. Accessing the Services is prohibited from territories where the Site, Service or any content thereon is illegal. If you access the Services from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “California Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. The California Act requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of personal information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The California Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. There is no charge.